Sunday, April 09, 2006

She's A deva, she's an elf...

"In the end, the shadow is but a passing thing..." (from Tolkien)

She's a deva
she's an elf
shape shifter
shadow
of her brilliant self
rainbow spirit
shooting star
that's how far
she came
to find you

From the deep and wild green places
from dimensions many faces
this world now her spirit graces
to remind you...

Had I the money and had I the house, all those years ago when I saw this bronze sculpture in a storefront window in North London, she would be mine now. Instead I stepped into the gallery and purchased this extraordinary photocard of the bronze, which turned out to be one of my most abiding profound images through almost two decades.

Sculpture in bronze by Tom Merrifield, UK
Photo by Richard Levin, O.B.E., R.D.I.

No comments: